The holiday season is a time for rest and relaxation. However, this can also be the perfect opportunity to up your game in order to increase sales.
The how to increase sales in 2021 is a blog post that discusses how to increase B2B sales during a slow Q4. It includes statistics and tips on how to improve your business.
It’s the fourth quarter, and the stakes are high.
You have three months remaining to meet your sales goals and finish the year strong.
The only issue?
Your sales funnel is completely empty. No one is signing up for your offerings, and your prospects are dim.
Fortunately, all hope is not gone.
I’ve prepared a list of some of my favorite methods for increasing B2B sales and achieving your Q4 goals. These ideas have not only helped my business expand, but they are also tried-and-true techniques that we utilize for our customers.
Let’s go right in and unleash the floodgates of B2B sales.
10 Ways to Boost Business-to-Business Sales
Whether you’re a little business or a large corporation, you may utilize these tactics to boost your sales and boost your Q4 pipeline.
1. Make use of social selling
Still not convinced about social media’s purchasing power? You’re squandering your money.
- Fifty-four percent of social media users do product research across several channels.
- Seventy-one percent of consumers will buy anything after hearing about it on social media.
- After a good social media encounter, 77% of people will pick a brand over a rival.
What is the definition of social selling? It’s the process of locating and interacting with prospective consumers through the internet.
You’re giving value and social selling every time you go into Instagram and respond to a DM or post an article on LinkedIn. It’s a gentler strategy than cold emailing, and it focuses on developing long-term, genuine connections rather than conventional sales tactics.
How can you make the most of social selling?
- Make your company the go-to industry expert: Answer your prospects’ most urgent queries with content marketing and guide them along your marketing funnel.
- Case studies and testimonials should be shared: Online purchases are influenced by social proof. Use your findings to demonstrate that you’re the greatest and to build a deeper level of know, like, and trust with your audience.
- Instead than spending all of your time producing content, concentrate on establishing connections. Respond to all of your direct messages, participate in LinkedIn group discussions, follow your target consumers, and interact with their content.
- Discuss your transformation: People and businesses purchase transformations, not features. Focus on the outcome of someone working with you while talking about your product or service online.
2. Provide assistance to your sales team
Bad sales rep interactions are the one thing that may sabotage a prospective transaction.
Whether it’s someone dropping the ball and ignoring an email for weeks, or a cold email that’s a dumpster fire, it may rapidly damage your brand’s reputation and Q4 revenue objectives.
How can you avoid a sales blunder?
By putting your squad through training.
Individuals purchase from people they like, trust, and are familiar with. Your salespeople need the right tools to find out how to build a relationship and seal the deal.
Make sure your sales training covers the following items for a successful Q4:
- People may fall back on scripts to avoid uncomfortable silences or appearing uncertain.
- How to overcome typical obstacles and effectively convey the outcomes of your brand.
- Finding leads and progressing them through the buyer’s journey are two strategies to consider.
Remember, the better your sales staff is taught, the faster you’ll reach your 150 percent Q4 sales goal.
3. Profit from the Holidays
The Christmas season is a gold mine for boosting B2B revenues. You may take advantage of some of the discretionary money individuals have during these months if you have the proper plan in place.
Here are some suggestions to get you started:
- Use expiring bonuses: For Black Friday and Cyber Monday, this strategy works nicely. Remove one bonus each day to generate a feeling of urgency and FOMO (fear of missing out).
- Increase the price: For an offer, start with your lowest price and gradually increase it each day.
- Make a limited-time offer: For the Christmas season, create a new product, service, or bundle. You may give your audience a feeling of urgency by informing them it’s only accessible during the holidays.
- Offer a discount or free shipping: Profit from the mentality of free things to increase sales. The “zero price effect,” or getting something for free, is a strong emotional trigger that’s difficult to ignore.
4. Seek referrals from current clients.
Referrals are the lifeblood of every company.
It’s the simplest deal you’ll ever find.
Referrals are warm leads, unlike cold pitches, where you must build trust before getting a yes. Because of a personal referral from a friend, family member, or coworker, the individual already trusts your brand and is willing to give you their money.
It’s one of the reasons why influencer marketing has become so popular on the internet. Brands pay for the content creator’s audience’s support and trust, which has more clout than a random ad in the newspaper.
How can you increase the number of recommendations you receive? Make a referral program for your business.
You reward your most ardent supporters for doing the legwork for you: locating high-quality niche-specific leads that often result in sales.
5. Don’t Forget to Make Cold Calls or Send Emails
Cold calling (or emailing) is still alive and well.
It’s still going strong, and it’s one of the greatest methods to boost B2B sales in Q4.
There is, however, a catch.
If done properly, cold outreach may be quite successful.
You will not see any results if you bulk spam everyone and everyone with no genuine plan.
Nobody enjoys sifting through unnecessary pitches. By taking the effort to discover an issue you can address and providing a solution in a manner that seems customized rather than mass-produced, you’ll win brownie points.
6. Increase Leads with Paid Ads
Have you tried paid advertisements yet?
It’s time to dip your toes into this gold mine, with more people online than ever before and 80.76 percent of the worldwide population having a smartphone.
You may boost B2B sales while you sleep by focusing on the terms your audience uses to discover answers to the issue you address.
If that isn’t enough to persuade you to create a Google AdWords account, consider the following:
- Organic advertising generates 50% more conversions than PPC advertisements.
- Ads on Google may boost brand recognition by up to 80%.
- Paid advertisements offer a 200 percent return on investment.
On social media, the results are as remarkable. B2B sponsored advertising rose to 83 percent, according to the Content Marketing Institute, with LinkedIn advertisements leading the pack.
Paid social media was rated second in terms of generating results among all paid distribution channels, with SEM holding top position.
7. Make a list of potential customers.
What’s the greatest way to boost B2B sales? You should have a clear idea of who you want to target.
Get clear on who you want to convert into paying clients before delving into any of the other suggestions in this article.
It’s the cornerstone of your strategy. You’ll be hoping for a result rather than achieving it if you don’t have it.
How do you go about compiling a customer list? Answer the following questions:
- What is the size of your ideal client’s workforce?
- How much money does the company earn each year?
- What is the issue you address for a certain niche?
The more detailed you are here, the more likely you are to boost B2B sales during a sluggish quarter.
After you’ve gotten those answers, you may utilize sites like LinkedIn or Angelist to look for businesses that fit your ideal client profile.
8. Create an effective email marketing strategy
Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter fall down about every couple of years, sending influencers, company owners, and users into a tailspin.
It’s a painful reminder that any of the applications you’ve spent hours building a community around may disappear with an one click.
That’s why getting your followers onto a channel you can control, such as email marketing, is critical. Not only will you have access to your list at all times (until someone unsubscribes), but it will also be lucrative.
Email marketing produces $44 for every $1 invested, according to OptinMonster. That’s a staggering 4400 percent return on investment, making it one of the most effective methods to boost B2B sales.
Start strong in Q4 by warming up your list with an effective email marketing plan.
You don’t have a to-do list? Use the following three months to expand your list using email opt-ins such as:
- reports from the industry
9. Make video content a top priority.
Video marketing has arrived and is causing havoc in the business, but what makes it so effective?
After all, isn’t skimming a few lines of a blog article (like you’re doing right now) quicker than sitting through a 10-minute video?
While videos do take more time to create, consumers still prefer them over text, and they have many business advantages.
With Instagram vying for market share with TikTok, the platform is putting in a lot of effort.
What’s the end result? Instagram Reels has a high level of interaction, and the algorithm favors them over picture postings. Instagram, in fact, has said that it is a video-sharing platform rather than a photo-sharing software.
The takeaway: There’s no better time than now to include video into your content marketing strategy and utilize it to boost B2B sales. Create a YouTube channel, a Reels approach, or video embedding on your website.
10. Case studies may help you increase B2B sales.
Selling to businesses differs from selling to consumers.
For starters, the decision-making process typically involves more than one individual. You must demonstrate how your product or service adds value if you want a resounding yes from everyone involved.
Case studies are one of the most effective marketing techniques you can use to demonstrate this. This piece of information is usually utilized towards the conclusion of the buyer’s journey’s contemplation and early decision stages. When a prospect is choosing between two options, it may assist swing business your way.
A case study may help you use an outsider’s viewpoint in your advantage, with 81 percent of people trusting friends or family above a company.
Despite the fact that you’re the one writing the material, it’s about how one of your customers got a particular outcome and what someone may anticipate when working with you.
It’s the all-important social evidence we mentioned before, and it may help drive more B2B purchases in the fourth quarter.
Increasing B2B Sales: Frequently Asked Questions
What is a business-to-business (B2B) strategy?
A business-to-business (B2B) strategy is a marketing approach used by a firm that sells goods or services to other companies rather than to people.
What are the four kinds of business-to-business marketing?
Producers, resellers, governments, and institutions are the four kinds of B2B marketers.
What is the business-to-business (B2B) selling process?
The procedures taken by a company to advertise and sell its services or goods to another company are referred to as the B2B selling process.
In sales, what does B2B mean?
Business-to-business is abbreviated as B2B. It occurs when two businesses do business together. For instance, one business may purchase raw materials from another in order to manufacture their end product.
Conclusion: Increase B2B Sales
While the world of B2B sales has evolved dramatically in the past decade, you now have access to a plethora of new technologies. Rather of fighting social selling or the growth of video content, embrace it and utilize it to boost your Q4 B2B sales.
Remember that the more proactive your tactics are, the greater your competitive advantage. Experiment with several sales tactics and stay with the ones that offer you the best results.
Which of these tactics will you use in Q4 to boost B2B sales?
- Unlock huge quantities of SEO traffic using SEO. Take a look at the outcomes.
- Content Marketing – Our team produces incredible content that is shared, linked to, and drives traffic.
- Paid Media – successful paid tactics with a measurable return on investment.
B2B sales is a process that starts with the lead generation. The lead generation is where you find leads, qualify them and then convert them into customers. Reference: b2b sales process.
- b2b sales strategy pdf
- what is b2b sales experience
- how to improve b2b business
- b2b sales examples
- how does b2b work